Wednesday, February 4, 2009

31!! The magic number!


It has been confirmed! That the rumors that the Institute was considering that the exams be postponed till June, are true. However, the information on the site still states that…

"Since the Elections to the Lok Sabha and Legislative Assemblies of some States are likely to be held in the months April and May, 2009, it has been decided to hold the next Chartered Accountants PE-II, PCE, Final (Old and New course), IRM, MAC (Part I), TMC (Part I), CMC (Part I), ITL & WTO Examinations tentatively from 1st to 15th June, 2009 instead of May, 2009."

Tentatively – meaning that they still could be held in May. That is no confirmation at all. I will not be at peace till the dates of the examination are confirmed. Only then will I be able to breathe!

And assuming that they are going to be held in June, that gives the students ‘31’ days more. Wow! A lot can be accomplished in 31 days. But knowing myself I can foresee that its going to be difficult for me to make the best of it.

It is for the first time in my life that I am actually studying four months before the exam is due. And believe me, its taking a lot for me to give it my 100% and study as if the exam is tomorrow (‘coz that’s the way I have studied my whole life… one day before the examination!) I agree that no other exam that I have studied for so far, comes even close to the magnitude of this one (except for PE-I and PE-II which were like trailers for this jumbo performance that I would be required to give) and so these 31 additional days that I almost have are like a boon.

This post is more like a prayer than an expression of emotion! This is like a letter to myself, to make me realize that I’ve been given the gift of time and that I need to make the best of it. The consequences of not taking this seriously (the emotional hell that I might have to go through among other things) have been drilled into my head time and again from the day I entered this profession and that’s enough to make me want to make it in the first try itself. Nonetheless, I will be in constant touch with this side of me wanting to jab at the keyboard with my lovely fingertips that hope to make magic with words!

1 comment:

  1. Emotions are better expressed in writing than a word of mouth... Only a few will realise what i mean...

    Btw i liked the line "I will be in constant touch with this side of me wanting to jab at the keyboard with my lovely fingertips that hope to make magic with words! "


    With every post i read i am feeling close to the fist self autographed book......

    GH

    ReplyDelete