Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blogaversary!


Every once in a while, we go through days that are a tad bit clumsier than; or not as normal as the rest. On one such day when my mood was a little on the lower side after an argument (almost certainly with my mom) I started writing about it, and well, since then I have been writing about anything and everything that I feel like.

And today, it's one whole year since THAT day. Yes, it's my Blogaversary!!! (clap clap!!!)

So as I had mentioned earlier, I wanted to do something special on this (yeah) occasion, as a tribute to my blogging (mis)adventures. When I looked over all of my previous posts I noticed that I spent a major portion of the previous year agonizing, complaining; basically not being happy and/or content with what I had (I grew by the end of the year, but still, that was the trend for the most part).

I read a few books (The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown) during 2008 and 2009 that made me realize, 'You are what you feel'. So if you're going to spend time complaining about all that's wrong in your life, guess what? You're just going to get more of it! Lots more! So although sharing problems and talking about them makes you feel better at that moment, it creates negative energy and generates negative vibes that affect no one else but you. So if you have the power to stay happy just by feeling happy, why not??? I mean what (more) are you going to lose anyway???

And that's the something special for my Blogaversary. I'm going to feel happy and stay happy no matter how shitty the circumstances! And how do you ask???

Everyday (yes, EVERY day!) I am going to make a conscious effort at staying happy by thinking (and listing) at least 5 things I'm thankful for and I will do it here. I figured instead of cribbing about the things I'm unhappy about, I might as well put in some effort and think about what I have that I should be thankful for. It is going to be an exercise, but totally worth it for the sake of my sanity and the people who have to live with me! :) So here's what I'm thankful for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment