Friday, January 8, 2010

Facts of 2009

Apart from the detailed story of 2009, here are a few facts (that I wanted to incorporate in the previous post, but it was already longer than I intended it to be! :P)


Books I read in 2009…
  1. My Sweet Audrina – V. C. Andrews (second read)
  2. Are You Afraid Of The Dark – Sidney Sheldon
  3. The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
  4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J. K. Rowling
  5. Paths of Glory - Jeffrey Archer
  6. The Lost Symbol – Dan Brown
  7. Angels and Demons – Dan Brown
  8. Shantaram – Gregory David Roberts (still reading…)
  9. Corporate Laws and Secretarial Practice – Munish Bhandari (still reading)
  10. Direct Tax Laws – T. N. Manoharan (still reading)
  11. Student’s guide to Indirect Taxes – Yogendra and Vandana Bangar (still reading) :P
For an avid reader like me who won’t set a book down once she picks it up and read it through breakfast, lunch, dinner; who wouldn’t mind if she could read it in the bathroom as well – it’s a pretty bad record. Maybe 2010 will have better stats! :)

Movies I saw...
English
  1. X-Men Origins (theatre)
  2. Terminator Salvation (theatre)
  3. The Ruins
  4. Coach Carter
  5. 1408
  6. Bee Movie
  7. P.S. I Love You (and sobbed like crazy!!!)
  8. Jack and Jill v/s the World
  9. Stop-Loss
  10. Another Cindrella Story
  11. Phone Booth
  12. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  13. The Princess Diaries
  14. Bridget Jones’s Diary
  15. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (theatre)
  16. The Tatooist
  17. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
  18. Antonia and Jane
  19. Sex and the City
  20. Runaway Bride
Hindi
  1. Kaminey (theatre)
  2. Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Naa
  3. Short-Kut
  4. Aamir
  5. Dev D
  6. Aaloo Chat
  7. Kurbaan (theatre)
Yeah! That’s how sad my life is… :(

Songs I fell in love with...
English
  1. ‘Be Yourself’ by Audioslave
  2. ‘You’re The One That I Want’ by John Travolta and Olivia Newton John (OST Grease)
  3. ‘Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough’ & ‘Beat it’ by Michael Jackson
  4. ‘Lateralus,’ ‘Vicarious’ & ‘The Pot’ by Tool
  5. ‘Cemeteries of London’ by Coldplay
  6. ‘Hey There Delilah’ by Plain White T’s
  7. ‘You’re  A God’ by Vertical Horizon
  8. ‘Another Brick In The Wall’ & ‘Learning To Fly’ by Pink Floyd
  9. ‘Broken Wings’ by Alterbridge
  10. ‘Wicked Games’ by Chris Issak
  11. ‘Fuck You’ by Lily Allen
  12. ‘Just Enjoy The Show’ by Lenka
  13. ‘Highway To Hell’ by ACDC
  14. ‘New Divide’ by Linkin Park (OST Transformers 2)
  15.  ‘Low’ by T Pain featuring Flo Rida
  16. ‘Snow ((Hey Oh))’ by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
  17. ‘My Kinda Girl’ by Raghav featuring Redman
  18. ‘The Diary of Jane’ by Breaking Benjamin
  19. ‘Long Long Way To Go’ by Def Leppard
  20. ‘Someone Special,’ ‘Carnival of Rust’ & ‘Stay’ by Poets of the Fall
  21. ‘Zombie’ by The Cranberries
  22. ‘Writing To Reach You’ by Travis

Random facts...
  1. Number of times I cried – less than 15, for sure!! It’s an awesome record!
  2. Number of haircuts – None. I haven’t cut my hair in more than a year.. No wonder it’s so long and messy at the tips! :P
  3. Addictions – Free Cell, Facebook, My Blog and Sandeep… Oh wait! He was always there!!
  4. Things I gave up – not sure.
  5. Number of times I fought with Natasha – just 2, and I’m not sure if they even happened.
  6. Number of trips taken this year – 2; to Kalsubai (in July) and to Daman and Silvassa (in December) – both with school friends.
  7. My birthdays until last year, generally involved fights, yelling (or being yelled at) and I carried a sullen face and mood for at least some part of the day. This year – NONE of all that but only laughter and fun! :)
  8. Average number of hours I spent over the internet each day – 2.
  9. I had the most awesome tea at Omkar’s place the other day, and to know that he made it was even more awesome!!!
  10. I discovered that I could go for more than 24 hours without sleep… I stayed awake for more than 30 hours!!!
  11. I also discovered that I had the capacity to sleep for 17 hours at a stretch! Awesome me!
  12. This is what I did when I used to take coffee breaks in the night while studying..
  13. I have maintained my weight since the beginning of the year (more or less…)
  14. I was hooked to the TV and never missed an episode of Bigg Boss or Rodies while I was studying for exams (or even while my exams were going on for that matter) but now that exams are over I don’t even bother to switch the TV on!
  15. In just three months of its purchase, I’ve driven the bike for 1,500 kms!!! Woohooo!!!
  16. I am not sure why I even began listing these down so I am going to stop.

Lessons I learnt...
  1. Be persistent and don’t give up on anything ever. THAT and patience do pay off – personal experience.
  2. Give 100% into everything you do. If you can’t, then you’re not doing it right.
  3. Believe in yourself. If someone thinks you’re capable of doing something, there is no way you can undermine yourself. And more importantly, if someone else can do it, so can you.
  4. When you learn to forgive, you lower your burden by more than half (confirmed after reading the book “2 States”)

Giving Thanks!!!
In the last year, I have experienced both heaven and hell and unfortunately not in equal measures. And through these times, there have been certain people, who have stuck with me and tolerated my nonsense just so that I could go back to being the way I have always been.

The three most important people in my life that I live with… My parents, who I now believe would go to any extent to keep me happy no matter how silly and stupid my demands; my sister who has always been my best friend and gives me advice that even though is tough to hear, makes a lot of sense (at the same time she has gotten on my nerves countless times that I am actually relieved when she’s not around! :P)

Jyothi... who has… we’ll she’s just been there and listened to me go on and on and on about the same thing; and given my ability to talk, she should be given an award to have patiently continued doing it, in spite of being on the receiving end of it! All the same, I have been very grateful to have Vishal and Amit in my life as well, who played a smaller version of the role played by Jyothi, but a significant one nonetheless. Jay, who in spite of being miles away and in a time zone that is so crazily opposite to ours where having a conversation at a time that is decently convenient to the both us was a task; still managed to stay in touch. Madhu; just because he is Madhu (quite literally.) :)

Kanchan and Malika, who have successfully made this barren town a better place to live and have given me little somethings to look forward to for the last five years… Oops.. sorry.. last six years… Love you both!

And last but not the least, Sandeep for loving me the way I am, with and for all my quirks, for promising to continue to put up with all of the silly things that I’m sure I won’t be able to give up and most importantly, for who he is and the way he is! :)

- Nikita.