Saturday, February 6, 2010

There's Someone Else


I knew you’d eventually figure it out, but I have to confess anyway; make my guilt go away even if just a little bit. I feel terrible, and I don’t know how to break it to you. You must’ve noticed that I am spending lesser time with you over the past few days; and yes, I have someone new in my life.

I don’t know how it started, but I know that I have been a lot happier since then. Maybe it started when I realized that I was complaining a lot about all that’s wrong. You were always there – my confidante, my friend and my shoulder to cry on. You listened to me like no one else ever did, you understood every word I said; every emotion I felt, you were there for me whenever I needed to talk; let my innermost feelings out, I never had to think about what to say or how much to say; and in that aspect no one else can ever be compared to you. But I was tired of complaining, tired of all the things that I was doing wrong. That’s when I decided I needed a change; and that’s when I found him.

He inspired me to be happy, to think only of happy things and forget about all those things that didn’t deserve being thought about. He showed me how to be happy. And I have been happy; very happy. I found myself thinking only about the good things in life and shunning away the not-so-important stuff. And now it’s like I’ve never known hurt or pain. Life seems beautiful.

But somewhere in the midst of admiring the change that he brought in me, I suddenly realized that I had left you behind, unattended and alone, with no one to care for you as I did. I don’t know if I can accommodate both of you in my life, but I’m trying my best. Please don’t say that it can’t be done, because at this point, both of you are so important to me that it’s impossible for me to choose one over the other.

He inspires to me constantly be happy and think only about the good things in life, which is a beautiful way to live happily. You on the other hand, have been with me for quite sometime now, especially when there was no one else I could turn to. And how terrible I feel for having neglected you all this while, just because I found a little more happiness elsewhere!

I know there will be times when even his method of finding happiness for myself will not do the trick and it’s then that I know I can rely on you. Because you agreed to be with me, whether I was feeling happy or anything else; hell everything else!!!

Just try and find a way to accept this situation. I know I’m asking a lot, but for the sake of my happiness in the long run, I need to do this. I need you both in my life. I promise to care for you just as I have done all this while. I won’t let you feel that there’s someone else besides you.

So my dear blog, for the last ten days (since I started another blog) I have been updating it EVERYDAY and I’m sure you know about that already. Try and understand that it’s only a small list that I post there everyday to discover the hidden joys of everyday life. You know that anytime I want to write something that can’t be described in a 5-pointer list, it’s you I’ll look for.

My life has just started. There are so many things just waiting to happen; that I will go through as time passes. You know all those wonderful incidents can’t be described in 5 points! I promise you’ll have better stories to tell than those everyday lists. And I promise to visit you (to fill your pages) more often. Please believe me. After the ‘break’ we had during the last ten days I know it’s difficult to trust me again. But let me prove it to you. I won’t let you down my dear blog, I promise I won’t!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, came across this page while browsing through the followers of followers. Nice writeup. Liked it. Quite kewl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerk !!!

    U scared the hell outta me....
    Didn even have the guts to skip few line n reach the bottom to read the end....


    Freaking jerk you are......


    Regards
    Gaurav

    ReplyDelete