Friday, April 16, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday #2

Here it is again! Fill in the Blanks for this Firday hosted at Lauren’s blog! Glad that I’m posting this on a Friday and not on a Saturday like last week. And we’ve got good stuff today. If you want to play along, fill up the blanks on your blog and link up at her site. Yes, it’s THAT simple.



1.  The first thing I do in the morning is   check if I have any messages on my phone, because for the last few days I have been waking up to the sweetest messages in the morning that make my day! 

2.  Every night before bed, I   set my alarm (if I need to wake up at a specific time the next morning). Otherwise, I just turn the lights off, snuggle under my blanket and step into my dream world. Is there anything else that is more important??? :P

3.  My favorite thing to do when I'm having a bad day is   listening to good music, because there IS such a thing as music therapy. Of course, listening to sad songs is not a part of it because that would only make you gloomier. Some other techniques are just watching something funny on TV. My immediate choice would be about four episodes back to back of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. on DVD because that means I don’t have to watch the commercials. Works, ALWAYS!

4.  Something that makes me cringe is   bloodshed and open wounds! I can’t stand those. I start feeling dizzy and I turn away. I was watching America’s Funniest Videos on TV one afternoon and there was this home video about children losing their first tooth. The elder sibling had tied a string to the loose tooth of the younger one and was yanking it to get it off. I couldn’t bear to watch it. Moreover; I put my fingers into my ears because I didn’t want to hear the child cry. I looked back at the screen only when Natasha told me that it was over. Thank God I didn’t even think of being a doctor (or even a nurse.)

5.  Social situations are   required for survival. I have this opinion because I have been alienating myself from the world outside for the past so many days. I can’t wait to meet people I love. Of course, things are different when you are forced into social gatherings, like the wedding of a long distant cousin who probably doesn’t even remember who you are. But those are rare occasions, so I really don’t mind them because I get to dress up! :)

6.  I like to collect   books and movies. I have about a hundred and thirty novels – some old and some brand new; and about five hundred movies on DVD (originals!) Whenever someone (anyone) asks me what I would like for a gift, I give them the name of an author and the book. It’s also the safest choice, because they don’t have to think about whether you’ll like it or not; or whether it is the right color, size etc. as in the case of clothes! Make shopping for me easy, doesn’t it???

7.  Weekends are for   catching up with friends, watching movies, relaxing, spending time at home and doing everything that you can’t find time for during the week. Can’t wait to have real weekends!

Have a great weekend everyone! I know I am going to!!! Because it is a special weekend for me and all my special people are going to be here tomorrow – which means, I’ll be stepping out of the house, I’ll be dressing up and I’ll be having a looooot of fun! Sounds like a partay to me! :)