Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm in sooo much trouble

Sometimes I do things that I really could live without. There are things that even if I hadn't known about, my life could go on without a hitch. But I am a curious person and I ask a lot of questions. And that got me here. It's not that I am regretting it, because it maybe the most wonderful thing that could ever happen to me, but right now I am shit scared and I have to get going, which is why this is going to be a very hurried post (except for the spell and grammar check once I'm done writing! :P)

I am the worst when it comes to achieving targets. I make brilliant plans, I really do. And the plans are made to yield, even if I am able to keep up with even 60% of it (I'm not kidding!) But it's not in my nature. I am a very lazy person and I love to procrastinate. There always seems to be something better to do than what I have planned. Fortunately this time, I have to make plans for something I actually enjoy. (Well, we'll see about that!)

The entire blogosphere has been buzzing with a very weird word and I almost always ignored blog posts that had that word in its title. Until the day I couldn't stand it anymore. At first I thought it was some gadget that everyone had (something like the iPhone that everyone's so crazy about - many more posts on that later) and they were so excited about it that they were blogging about it. So when my curiosity couldn't stand it any longer, it was at the Writer Ninja's blog that I clicked on the post and read it. I couldn't make any sense out of it. So I clicked on the link that she provided.

As it turns out, I have signed up for a task that if it weren't for me signing up so late, would've been a delight. What I've signed up for, requires me to write a 50,000+ words novel by November 30!!!! Yes, I'm talking about NaNoWriMo!!!! (weird word right???)

It stands for National Novel Writing Month and the month is November. It is a novel writing 30 day challenge. Except that I have to complete the challenge in about 22 days because I signed up too late!! So yeah, the spare time that I had reserved for writing this blog this month would be spent finishing the novel... Who knows, it might turn out well!! :)

A part of the challenge suggested that I tell EVERYONE I know, because the fear of embarrassment might motivate me to finish it when I'm on the verge of giving up. So yeah, this is a declaration that I'm participating in NaNoWriMo. I'll keep updating my word count as frequently as possible. And of course, I need a writing buddy. Someone who'll participate with me so that we can help motivate each other and share our experiences.. Anyone interested in the pseudo death sentence of entering a 30 day challenge to be completed in 22 days??? No?? I thought so! But if you are crazy enough to put yourself through that... send me an e- mail at infinitedreamzzz@gmail.com.

I'm outta here... Got to start typing!! Wow! I get to type 50,000 words... At least, there's something to keep me going... ;)

Nikita...