Monday, December 6, 2010

All and sundry

Wow! Five days into the month (well, okay! Six now...) and third post already? This must be some kind of record! I guess I'm in the writing-about-everything phase again where every single thing that happens or is said to me during the day has chances of turning into a blog post. Not that every single thing that qualified in this category made it to the blog when I was in this phase a few months back; but it's just nice to know that I'm itching to write again.

Rightfully then there are quite a few things that I want to talk about and I didn't have the patience to write a separate blog post for each one of them. So I'm going to sum it all up right here in this post.

Great Start to Saturday
I woke up around eleven thirty in the morning (quite close to afternoon actually) and had this urge to listen to music immediately. So I connected my mp3 player to the music system and made a playlist (that I am about to share with all of you) of 24 wonderful songs. It would take about an hour and a half or two for the playlist to play completely, so whenever I've made one in the past, I've never been able to listen to all the songs in one go. But Saturday morning, I listened to all 24. Yup! I did. And that raised my spirits for the rest of the weekend. The songs were... (and you are totally allowed to skip the list in case you're not interested... maybe the whole post if you feel like it :P)

1. 'The Adventure' by Angels and Airwaves.
2. 'Stirb Nicht Vor Mir (Don't Die Before I Do)' by Rammstein.
3. 'Kid A' by Radiohead.
4. 'Atonement' by Opeth.
5. 'Seven' by Revis.
6. 'Piano Lessons' by Porcupine Tree.
7. 'The Sound Of Muzak' by Porcupine Tree.
8. 'Apologize' by One Republic.
9. 'High And Dry' by Radiohead.
10. 'Never Say Never' by The Fray.
11. 'Sing' by Travis.
12. 'Stairway To Heaven' by Zakk Wylde (Original by Led Zeppelin.)
13. 'I'm Your's' by Jason Mraz.
14. 'Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine' by The Killers.
15. 'You Might Die Trying' by Dave Matthews Band.
16. 'Viva La Vida' by Coldplay.
17. 'Lost' by Coldplay.
18. 'Ordinary World' by Duran Duran.
19. 'Coming Back To Life' by Pink Floyd.
20. 'Love Hurts' by Incubus.
21. 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' by Greenday.
22. 'Burning In The Skies' by Linkin Park.
23. 'Waiting For The End' by Linkin Park.
24. 'Shadow Of The Day' by Linkin Park.

It felt so good after listening to music that you actually enjoy that I was on my tippy toes dancing around wherever I went; not really, but you know what I mean. :)

Kya Family Hai #2 
(Check out #1 here...)
I was at my grandparents' this weekend and I have a story to tell whenever I am back (more often than not.) For one, my grandfather (who's almost 85 now) is getting forgetful and conversations with him are fun when you're standing in front of him and he's trying to figure out who the hell you really are.

On Sunday, in the afternoon he asked me what my name was and I told him. He asked me if I was Anil's daughter and I said yes. Then he asked if Aarti was my mother and I nodded again. He told me that he knew my mom really well (like you would say to someone you have just met.) Later he told me that his wife was in the other room and asked me if I had met her. I told him that I met her already. Then he asked me if I knew her??? How could I not?? She's my grandmother!!!! I told him that and he reacted as if he was just finding that out.

Then again he started asking about my father and where he lived. We told him where we lived and he said, "You think I don't know where my older brother lives??" The entire conversation he thought that my father was his brother. My chacha told me, "Nikita, you're not my niece anymore... You're my sister!" :P

Here's another 'incident' that happened while I was there. We had just finished lunch and were relaxing. I just happened to stretch my body backwards because I just felt like it. "Don't do that just after you've eaten!" my grandmother said.

Rudransh suddenly sat up straight from the bed and asked, "Why? How does it matter?" to which my grandmother replied, "Whatever you ate will go into a donkey's belly... (Saara khaana ghadhe ke pet mein jaayega)" and my brother laughed.

He said, "Didi, then you have nothing to worry about. Do it more often. This way, you're hunger is satisfied because of the food you ate, also you don't get to keep the fat!"

Well said, brother. Well said. :D

I'm pretty sure there was something else I wanted to write about, but I can't seem to remember what it was...
...and I was very close to actually writing the points down before I started typing. But I thought, what the hell! I'll remember it! It's just three points. Turns out, loss of memory runs in the family (although it is still waaaaayyy early for me.) I guess I better start writing things down if I'm not about to write immediately. 

But you know what? I won't be able to sleep till I figure that out and when I do, I won't rest until I've posted it here. I told you I had a case of borderline OCD! :P

- Nikita.