Friday, December 24, 2010

And ultimately good sense prevails

I don't know what had gotten into me a few hours ago. I had been toying with the idea for quite a while but I'd been unsure about whether I should do it or not; and by "it" I mean this extremely nasty post that I wanted to write. (I shocked myself when I read it.)

In the past two years that I have been writing this blog, I have written just one really mean post and I was able to write even that because it was about a total stranger. But the post that I wanted to write wasn't about strangers, it was about people I know knew and had been hurt by. Would you believe me if I said it was a picture made me want to write it?

I wrote the entire post and was just short of hitting "publish" but then I began to think. What am I going to gain by being petty and cribbing about something in my happy place? NOTHING! Moreover, I'd be giving importance to people and things that absolutely don't deserve it. And my blog doesn't deserve it, especially when it's decked up with a Christmas tree, ornaments, a snowman, socks and holly! It would be really unfair.

So good sense prevailed and I decided to let it go. It's still a part of my drafts and when I'm really really mad and I feel someone people deserve(s) to get a piece of my mind, I'll probably post it (and add a few names too.) But till then, it won't see the light of any of your computer screens. I wanted to let some feelings out, so I put it into words and I guess that's all I need as of now.

But yes, I can give you one thing. The picture that made me want to write a mean post.
{photo via weheartit and here}

Well, look at that. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words.