Thursday, December 30, 2010

Meet my mutt Matt.

A few days ago on my other blog, I mentioned that I had a new stuffed toy - my FIRST stuffed toy; and I had said that I would upload its picture soon. I guess 'soon' came around ten days late. So sorry for that. 

I got this toy as a spontaneous present. Sandeep and I were at R City Mall in Ghatkopar on one of our usual evening outings and after dinner we were just roaming around, checking the shops out. I needed to use the restroom and he said he wanted to buy some things at Big Bazaar. So I told him I'd meet him there.

 When I reached Big Bazaar, I could see that he was already at the checkout counter, but he was fidgeting with something. I could see that there were small soft toys and it was as if he was trying to pick one. Now I didn't know who it was for, but my best guess was it could be for me.

I stood outside the supermarket, watching him through the glass while he picked one toy and then tossed it back in to check another one out, for five whole minutes all the while smiling to myself. He hadn't mentioned it to me that he was planning on buying something for me, so I decided to not ruin the little surprise and stood somewhere I couldn't see him from (rather a place from where he couldn't see me watching.) After waiting for another ten minutes or so, was out of the supermarket and we headed out of the mall, on our way to the railway station.

While we were in the auto, he handed the tiniest little dog to me and I loved it instantly... what's not to love?? I'm a girl, it's a stuffed dog.. it all adds up to 'absolutely adorable.'

We decided to name him and it couldn't be a random name. It was the 13th of December, we had been together as on that day for 13 whole months, so I decided that the no. "13" should feature somewhere in the whole naming ritual. The 13th alphabet is "M" and after considering numerous ridiculous options, we decided to name him Matt.

The night before, I got Natasha to finally click a picture of me with Matt. Here it is...
Now I know it was just supposed to be a picture of Matt, but then I wanted in too. So there I am, with him. Also, Natasha and I got carried away. So we started clicking pictures of "us". But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get her to keep a straight face!

Next, we even tried a Veena Malik face. [The link is not to Veena Malik's data on wikipedia. Of course not. It is to my blog post - that I'm pretty proud of by the way. You must read it if you haven't already. I can't guarantee when you'll see me spitting venom this ferociously on my blog next.]

My sister managed to pull it off pretty well, whereas I look retarded! So yeah... Ya'll are allowed to laugh.

We finally did manage to self-click a good picture.

In case my year-end post comes out in January (like it did last time)...

Wish you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year!! Have a great time.

- Nikita.