Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Umm.. I guess I'll have three!

Last year, I posted about how I loved mangoes and how I got pimples every time I had even two slices. I got a tremendous response where people agreed with me, told me what they did or how they could eat mangoes and not get affected by it at all.

However, there was one very nice lady by the name of Jane Amanda who said (and I quote)...

Try this-soak mangoes overnight in tap water (atleast 6-8 hours) then put them in the fridge. When you eat these soaked mangoes, no pimples will erupt. I had the same problem and I love mangoes (we are talkin about 4 mangoes a day!!) And I hated the disgusting pimples that came with them-so I cut down till I researched and found this method. I ate 2 huge mangoes for dinner last night and my skins flawless as ever.
She left a comment sometime in June or July and by then, the mango season in India was over. So I had decided that I would try it this year; and I did.

Three nights ago, I had three slices of mango and when I woke up in the morning I saw two tiny zits just starting to erupt. They were painful to the point of me not being able to hold the phone because it hurt when the phone pressed on the pimple.

Then I remembered this comment (more so because I just read the post a few days ago when it appeard on the "Top 10 posts this week" list on my left sidebar) and realised that there was a way I could avoid this.

So I asked my mom to soak all mangoes over night so I could try them the next day.

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to take a huge risk and eat a whole mango. I was scared to think about what my skin could turn into when I woke up this morning, but thankfully yesterday was a long day and I hadn't slept well Sunday night, so I slept like a baby.

But when I woke up this morning, the only pimples were those two old ones that were there since two days ago!!! No new pimples!! I couldn't believe my eyes!!!

I wanted to thank Jane Amanda but unfortunately her comment does not link back to her blog/website and there isn't even an e-mail address that I could write to. My only hope of getting my heartfelt "Thanks" across to her is if she still reads this blog!!

Jane Amanda, you don't know what kind of a difference you have made in my life. Because of you, today I can eat mangoes without a worry in the world!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart!! :) :) :)

So yeah, now I don't have to be careful and count slices of mangoes when I eat, I could have three whole mangoes if I wanted to!! Yay!! :D

- Nikita.